Monday, September 5, 2011

Quintessential Cheese Blintzes


yum

I have to admit, the only Cheese Blintzes that I have eaten,up until now, are those at a smorgasbord.  Let me tell you this is not the smorgasbord food.


To start, you make crepes.  This is not my normal crepe recipe.  The one I normally make has more butter, but I certainly could not tell the difference.  Also, I usually rest my crepe batter for 30 minutes, this recipe has you rest the batter for at least 1 or two hours.  For the filling, I could not find farmers cheese, so I used ricotta.  This filling was great with a bit of lemon zest added in. 

I tried to pan fry the blintzes to cook the filling, but I did not do so well.  I finished up the crepe batter and filling a night later and baked those blintzes.  The filling cooked up better baked than pan fried.  Still had that great lemon flavor.  And me, I had to get more raspberries since they are in season.  Drizzled with a bit of my home made raspberry jam. 

This recipe is from Flo Braker's Baking for All Occasions and was made for the Avid Bakers Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to ABC (again!), Connie. Your blintzes turned out great! Love your homemade raspberry jam (I used homemade preserves too) :o)
    Btw, I have added you to the ABC blog roll :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weren't these fun? I used raspberries as well and think this is a combo made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete