Sunday, September 4, 2011

Corn Soup for French Fridays

I'm late again.  This has been a terrible week.  Busy at work and home. But, it's the weekend and a long weekend at that.


It's summertime and corn is cheap.  Six ears for a dollar.  This is a great time to make corn soup, except it's warm outside.    I have never made a corn soup or chowder, so this is a first.  It is so easy and pretty fast.  Cut the corn off the cob and boil the cob with milk.


 Saute the onion.


Cut veggies and add


Ooh isn't this pretty



After the veggies saute for a while you add the milk mixture back in and let it cook for a while.  The recipe can be found in around my french table.  Once everything is done, blitz in the blender, or I use an immersion blender.  (remove the corn cobs, very important)  Then plate. 

 Since the sweet corn and the whole mike make makes this soup pretty sweet I made a chipotle chile oil to drizzle and added a dollop of Greek yogurt.  This is good stuff. I will try to freeze some for lunches.  Try this while corn is in season.  It is really good.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the simplicity of making this recipe. I
    went to the farm yesterday and bought 2 dozen ears of corn to
    freeze. After stripping the corn, I made smaller batches to put
    in the freezer for both this recipe, and corn pudding. On a cold
    winter night that should taste delicious. Tricia and I both enjoyed
    this lovely soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. late, shmate.Your soup looks wonderful. The chipotle oil sounds like a great addtion! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty presentation! We enjoyed this soup so much, I'd like to make some more before corn is finished for the year.

    ReplyDelete