Sunday, July 31, 2011

Baked - Mom's Olive Oil Orange Bundt

For starters, I have never made a cake with olive oil in it.  I'm still living in the world were olive oil is the good fat used to saute with, but this is why I joined cooking clubs.  To challenge myself with new cooking and baking ideas.  I bet you thought I joined for the food!



This was a fun cake to make.  I used the good California olive oil I was given as a Christmas gift.  This is the time to use the good stuff.  It's makes into a fluffy orange yogurt cake.  The cake is moist and the smell is heaven if you like oranges.  It did bake up in 50 minute, just like the recipe suggested.  The taste of orange is delicate and it's not too sweet.  I did pair the cake with fresh strawberries, because frankly, I think almost everything is great with strawberries. 


As I mentioned, I am counting points, so 1/16th of the cake equals 6 points.  Yeah, this means I can have some for dinner too!  I will make this cake again.  It is beautiful and tasty.  I recommend you try this for yourself.  See all the post at Baked or buy the book.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea to pair with strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information on the points. Glad you had some for dinner. It's a treat, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. cake looks great! especially with the strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice job & I agree that strawberries would pair nicely with this recipe.

    ReplyDelete