Sunday, August 14, 2011

FFD - Salmon and Potatoes in a Jar



This is an intriguing concept, especially on these hot summer day's were the idea of turning on the oven makes me sweat.  This is not a hard recipe, but it does take a couple of days to get through the steps, which is why my French Friday's post is on Sunday. 


The photo in the cookbook is lovely and looks wonderful, mine was not so pretty.  I did not have any quart jars, so I used what I had.  Not bad for looks, lots of color and different flavors, but I did not like the texture of the salmon in this dish.  Not sure why.  I like sushi and salmon pretty much any way.  But I don't think I will make this again.  And of course I would not have know this without making it once. 


I liked the idea but not the Salmon.  The potatoes I do like.  Strange!!

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you!
    I cheated and made my potatoes into potato salad - I couldn't bear the thought of using so much olive oil on something I may not be such a fan of...

    ReplyDelete