Monday, August 15, 2011

Baked - Grasshopper Bars

Okay, it's official.  I should not be taking photos at 5:30AM. 

What can I say.  These taste like deep dark chocolate and mint.  The mint section is a bit gooey and they are so rich that I can only eat one.  Me, eat only one!  This is almost unheard of until now.


Anyway, I made these Thursday evening.  It's just like the recipe says,  (BAKED Link)  First you make the brownie.  It's a short brownie, mine was only about a half an inch tall.  Then you make the butter cream, but is was kind of strange.  Made with flour, sugar, and milk.  I finally got it thick and mint and poured it on the brownie which I forgot to let cool.  I was amazed that the butter in the butter cream melted on the spot.  Not all of the butter.  This sucker went into the fridge as fast as I could move.  I check on it every 30 minutes and was able to incorporate the melted butter back into the butter cream.  Once that was pretty solid I poured the chocolate glaze over the whole thing and popped it back in the fridge.



I got mixed reviews from my taste testers.  No one had seconds because they were so rich.  They are tasty, but fussy to make.  Overall a good recipe for those chocolate mint lovers.

1 comment:

  1. I also thought these were pretty rich, but I did enjoy them. You were also right about them being finicky. They had to be timed just right, which can be annoying when you have a million other things going on in your day :)

    ReplyDelete