Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MS Cupcake - August

I was supposed to make Rhubarb Cupcakes with Whipped Cream, but I really don't like rhubarb, well I didn't like it as a kid.  I used to run it over with my bicycle so we couldn't eat it.  Come to think of it, I didn't get caught.  There were to may kids with bicycles, how would they know it was me?  Check out MS Cupcake for information on the real August Cupcake.


But I did bake.  I made the Strawberry Cupcakes from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes.  I love strawberries and this time of year I always have them in my fridge.  My taste testers say these are in the top 5  of the baked goods I have brought into work so far.  They are good and pretty easy.  The only problem I had is that I made the icing one evening and was going to frost them the next evening, although the icing instructions say you can do this, the icing separates and is not pretty.  It still taste good, it just not pretty and darn it after all this work, I want pretty.  So I covered the top with strawberries.  Now they look pretty.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for baking along with us in spirit! :-) The strawberries are definitely a nice topper. I haven't had any luck with the strawberry buttercream, either. It must be harder than it looks! Hope to see you next month!

    Rachel

    P.S. Loved your bicycle story! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look beautiful! I didn't like Rhubarb as a kid either but I am learning to like it in baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for baking along. I never ate rhubarb as a kid. I just recently tried it and really like it. Your strawberry cupcakes look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your brother ran over that rhubarb with his bike first! He always tells the same story when rhubarb is brought up!

    The strawberry cupcakes look lovely.

    ReplyDelete