Thursday, July 7, 2011

Baked Blackberry Pie

Blackberry Pie
My favorite dessert - Blackberry Pie
I like pie and blackberry is one of my favorites.  I use any excuse to make it or eat it.  This year for my birthday, work brought in blackberry pie.  All of the pie in the past were not as good as this one.  The recipe from Baked is wonderful.  The crust, which is made in a food processor was wonderful to work with.  Is was easy to roll, went into the pie pan with no problems.  No cracking or breaking.  This was a pleasure to make.


I must admit, I used frozen berries.  Fresh blackberries are still very expensive, if you can find them.. Also, this made a big mess in my oven.  I bet there was a cup of juice on the bottom of the oven.  All the same I will use this crust as my go to pie crust and am looking for an excuse to make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment