Friday, July 8, 2011

Salmon and Tomatoes En Papilote


I have been on a fish kick and cooking salmon recently.  So trying a new way to bake salmon was refreshing.  And it looks so pretty.


I am not a big tomato fan, but I insist on making the recipes as is, at least the first time.  I usually marinate my salmon in garlic, olive oil and lemon, but this had the lemon and olive oil plus basil, rosemary and tomatoes.  I don't think I normally salt and pepper my salmon either, but this was wonderful.



This was easy to assemble.  It did not take much longer than my normal marinate, but it had so much more flavor and was moist and it had a kind of olive oil and tomato clear sauce that was wonderful.  All your ingredients are rolled up into a foil packet and baked.

I love the look of the final piece of rosemary before closing the packet
This will be how I cook salmon from now on. After making this once, I wonder if you can grill the packets, or subsitute veggies for the fish.  I bet this would be good with zucchini instead of fish.  So many choice.  The recipe can be found in around my french table by Dorie Greenspan. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed.

    This method does really well on the grill - so go for it. (and it is so easy to change out the fish, veggies, herbs, type of citrus, etc). It's a perfect meal year round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dish! Your salmon baked up so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cher - there's so many possibilities for this method! Yours looks just beautiful on the plate.

    ReplyDelete