Friday, July 29, 2011

Citrus-Berry Terrine

I back again.  I've been cooking, but not writing.  Bad Connie.  Anyway, I was not going to pass on this recipe.  It's full of everything I love.  All those berries, Yumm.


I made this last night after reading the Questions & Problems and read how fast the gelatin sets up.  Your suppose to add the berries and citrus when the gelatin is the consistency of egg whites.  Mine wasn't at an hour, so I when back a half an hour later and Oh My Goodness.  This stuff was almost solid.  It is nerve racking to try some of these recipes.  I added my four cups of berries and citrus and jiggled my pan.  I scraped the edges and jiggled again, and then I jiggled some more.  At that point I just covered it with wax paper and went to bed.  An hour before I thought I was going to end up with berry soup.

Anyway, when I got up, after the blueberries exploded out of the refrigerate all over the kitchen floor (I guess I did not place the blueberries flat, was that a surprise at 5 AM).  I flipped out my terrine and Viola, pretty as a picture. 



My taste tester now comment on my food staging.  I'm getting some good input, unfortunately it is they are eating not when I'm taking pictures.  I need to remember that some mint would look good.   In addition, some of my taste testers are on Weight Watchers, so I even counted point for them.  FYI, this is 3 point for one-eighth.  So I raved to my friends who have the cook book Around my French Table and I think my Sister is going to try the recipe this weekend.  It's great while all the berries are in season.  I may make it again also, I have to use up the rest of the berries. Oh and there is still enough blueberries left even after the early morning explosion.  But I think I will add some cherries to the mix.    Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you for reading the P and Q first! (Unlike me!) :) Your terrine is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when food throws itself out of the refrigerator.
    Glad you enjoyed and that it all worked out well for you in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherries should be delicious with the citrus gelatin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added cherries and they were good with the grapefruit juice I used. 3 pts. I'll pass that on to weight watcher friends.

    ReplyDelete