Friday, March 25, 2011

Scallops with Caramel-Orange Sauce

This one, almost, did not get a photo.  I love scallops and with the caramel sauce cooking, the kitchen smelt so good,  I really wanted to eat this as fast as possible.  Even before the photo.


But I did get a photo.  This was an easy recipe to prepare and very elegant.  This I will make again and again.  

I have been raving about how wonderful and easy these recipes are to prepare to my family that my sister admitted she would like the cookbook.  Now she has her very own copy of around my french table.  I highly recommend this cookbook along with the cooking club French Friday's with Dorie.  I have started to cook only from the cooking club cookbooks and not even buy more cookbooks.  For me, this is amazing.  This is great fun and delicious.

6 comments:

  1. Glad this was a hit for you (and that you were able to bring another AMFT lover into the fold). There is something about Dorie's approach that makes it all seem so easy - by the time you finish and realize what you did, you can hardly believe you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo looks amazing. Tricia made this week's recipe and her
    family enjoyed the scallops, however, I chose not to cook them
    because hubby and I are not too fond of scallops. That said, from
    reading all the blogs, I might attempt this recipe with a different
    type of fish. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scallops and broccoli look lovely. After reading my posts, my sister finally admitted she would like her own copy of this book too. I sent her a copy as a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I can definitely relate to forgetting to take pictures sometimes. My MIL looked through my copy of AMFT the other day, and I think that she'd really like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have written often of the struggle between eating a good plate of food and taking a picture! I'm glad my family tolerates me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe was so easy and fancy! Glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete