Friday, March 4, 2011

French Fridays with Dorie

 Savory Cheese and Chive Bread

I was leery of this week’s recipe.   I had recently made a savory corn bread and it was too salty and not cheesy enough.  But this Savory Cheese and Chive Bread  from around my french table was spot on.  It was like a light biscuit filled with cheese (lots of cheese) a few chives and the earthy crunch of toasted walnuts.  You can even see little  pocket of air in in the muffin giving this a light texture.


I saw one of the other participants of French Fridays with Dorie was going to make muffins, so I did too.  This gives me better portion control (except I ate two right out of the oven) and they are easier to freeze. From now on, this is what I make instead of corn bread.

4 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous! Love the idea of doing this as muffins...I will have to try that next time...seems like it would be nice and portable for grabbing one for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Everytime I see these as muffins, I want to go back and make some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I was doing this at the last minute (we all know those weeks....) I had not read others posts or comments so never thought of muffins. Will definitely revisit this one as muffins next time. Nana's results were prettier than mine so I am definitely going to incorporate a yellow cheese of some variety next time. Glad to know this froze well.

    ReplyDelete