Friday, April 8, 2011

Garlicky Crumb-Coated Broccoli

I love broccoli.  It's so versatile.  You can eat it raw, steamed, boiled, covered in cheese, but I never thought about breadcrumbs.  Especially garilicy, buttery, breadcrumbs.

The finished dish!

Before I started to make the broccoli, I read the recipe a few times.  (Look for the recipe in around my french table on page 334.)  This recipe is made from items I have in my kitchen.  I used Panko breadcrumbs and sauteed in butter until they started to brown.  This was a little longer than the recipe.  Also, I do not use a traditional steamer, I used a microwave steamer.  I steamed this broccoli for 4 minutes and mixed the garlicky, buttery, breadcrumbs and had a great side dish in no time.

To see more comments/photos go to French Friday's with Dorie.


5 comments:

  1. Steaming the broccoli in the microwave is a great shortcut! I'll keep it in mind for the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice thought on micro steaming the broccoli! Good shortcut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never steamed veggies in the microwave. Interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you about missing the breadcrumbs. But never again :) And I had no excuse since I grew up loving a dish Nana made that was similar but involved swiss chard. So glad we have FF's to get out of our routines and even back to some wonderful basics. Nana and I agreed this dish was simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete