Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mozzarella, Tomato, and Strawberry Salad

Hi all, I've been gone for a while.  I had a loss in my family and it has taken it's toll on what I considered my life.  I have started cooking again, but I started by burning myself.  That never rarely happens.  I think I'm back and I will add a few pictures of what I did make, but did not blog about, at the end of this post.

Anyway Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Strawberries.  To tell the truth, I am not a big fan of tomatoes, but I made the recipe just as it says.  It's very similar to what I make when tomatoes are in season, but I would not have thought to add the strawberries.  This is a good recipe from "around my french table"

The strawberries added sweetness and more beautiful red color to the plate.  I had to add the 15 year old balsamic.  Yum

I will make this again this summer while the strawberries and tomatoes are in season.  It makes a great light dinner.

More baking pics


Dreamsicle Tart - Baked Sunday Morning
Father's Day Cupcakes
These cupcakes were good.  From Martha Stewards  Cupcake Cookbook.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you've had a tough go of it. Glad to see you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel though. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your loss, but glad you are back!
    The aged basalmic sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. Glad you're back to posting.

    This salad is certainly worth using the good balsamic.

    ReplyDelete